SPC - Report Luns command

Larry Chen larryc at maxstrat.com
Mon Dec 9 13:41:05 PST 1996

* Larry Chen <larryc at maxstrat.com>
*
Would someone be interested in seeing this through :)

It has been mentioned that the Report LUNs command
can return any of the following via the 8 byte LUN
addressing structure:

- peripheral device
- lun device
- volume set device

This is dandy but I would like a way to specify what
is actually returned though.

Specifically, I would like the freedom to ask for
only the peripheral device LUNs or only the volume set
device LUNs or both or neither (I guess).

In device driver land, it is better to know in advance
how much memory is needed before issuing the report
LUNs command.

Larry Chen                 Tel: 408.383.1600 (x116)
Maximum Strategy, Inc.     Fax: 408.383.1616
801 Buckeye Court       E-mail: larryc at maxstrat.com
Milpitas, CA 95035

* 'info scsi' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com