re. Concerns about SCSI-3

Hallam, Ken MV KHallam at po2.mv.unisys.com
Tue Apr 30 15:54:00 PDT 1996

* From the SCSI Reflector, posted by:
* "Hallam, Ken                 MV" <KHallam at po2.mv.unisys.com>
*

I agree with Bill Dallas' short summation of potential problems with mapping
parallel SCSI behavior onto a serial interconnect. Internally within Unisys
I have an education problem in getting people to understand that parallel
SCSI code cannot be mapped blindly over to serial Fibre Channel. None of our
implementations in parallel SCSI have implemented ACA as yet and most were
not planning to add it for the serial interface conversion. It will be a
requirement for any serial SCSI implementation, but very few people outside
of the standards development community have even become aware of its
existance yet.

OK Bill, you got my attention. Now what do we do?

Ken Hallam
Unisys
ken.hallam at mv.unisys.com