Seagate changes to number of blocks field

George Penokie GOP at rchvmp3.vnet.ibm.COM
Mon Apr 29 13:04:31 PDT 1996

* From the SCSI Reflector, posted by:
* "George Penokie" <GOP at RCHVMP3.VNET.IBM.COM>
*
All,

Gerry proposed the following change to the defination of the number of
blocks field:

 > a) If the number of blocks is set to zero, the device shall retain its
 current capacity if the
 >  block size has not changed. If the block size has changed, then the device
 behavior is
 >  vendor specific.

I do not like the idea of making a block size value vendor specific.  We should
define the behavior.  I propose the following change to Gerry proposal:

a) If the number of blocks is set to zero and the block size has not changed
the device shall retain its current capacity.  If the number of blocks is set
to zero and the block size has changed the device shall be set to its maximum
capacity when the new block size takes effect.

Bye for now,
George Penokie