Parallel SCSI Marketing Mtg

Jim McGrath jmcgrath at qntm.com
Tue Sep 19 18:08:41 PDT 1995

                      Subject:                              Time:  5:44 PM
  OFFICE MEMO         Parallel SCSI Marketing Mtg           Date:  9/19/95

Will be held Monday, October 16, at the Holiday Inn in Milpitas (100 feet
|from the Quantum facility).  The agenda will be for the marketing
community to discuss business issues relating to parallel SCSI and
specifically to recommend a prioritization of technical work for the
standards community based on marketing analysis.

Principle topics include
    LVDS (Low Voltage Differential Signalling)
    Fast-40 with LVDS
    Fast-40 with Single Ended Signaling
    > Fast-40

Other transmission topics are also possible, such as a low voltage single
ended
and a hybred single ended/LVDS to save pins (and thus $).

It would also be appropriate to discuss the priority of other topics brought
to the attention of the committees, specifically:
    Provision for > 16 devices on a bus (new arbitration protocol)
    50 ohn backplane implementations.

The focus will be on what problems exist for the SCSI market and how to
prioritize them for the technical community to address.  A strong marketing
representation is desired - technical representatives are needed for a reality
check, but if we were relying on them for guidance we would not need this
meeting.

Jim