proposal for high availability SCSI

Doug, dtn 237-2145 Flames to NL: 12-Sep-1995 1431 hagerman at starch.enet.dec.com
Tue Sep 12 11:34:19 PDT 1995

Hello.

Yesterday (Monday September 11) afternoon there was a Study Group
meeting where we discussed two proposals related to High Availability
SCSI systems. One proposal relates to the failover of subsystem
controllers in an SCC environment and some naming problems that
are related to this. The second proposal relates to a number of
features that, if implemented in SCSI devices, make it easier to
build a functional multi-host SCSI system.

I believe that Steve Sicola plans to prepare a detailed proposal
for the first of the above proposals.

The next mail message includes a draft document for the second proposal.
I plan to do a more detailed review of this document at the next
High Availability Study Group meeting, in November.

Doug Hagerman
Digital Equipment