95-253R1 -- Proposed REPORT LUNS command

ROWEBER at ACM.ORG ROWEBER at ACM.ORG
Thu Sep 7 16:38:36 PDT 1995

This is quite embarrassing; rather like getting caught sticking butter
patties to the ceiling in high school cafeteria.  But, I'll get over it.

Another word has turned up missing in that now famous sentence or 253r1.
The new missing word is "length."  The word "length" is required to
properly name the field being discussed.

Here is the original (before) text:

> The LUN list length shall contain the length in bytes of the LUN list.
> Essentially, the LUN list length is the number of logical unit numbers
> reported multiplied by eight.  If the allocation length in the command
> descriptor block is too small to transfer information about all
> configured logical units, the LUN list value not be adjusted to
> reflect the truncation.

Here is the after text (with both missing words inserted):

> The LUN list length shall contain the length in bytes of the LUN list.
> Essentially, the LUN list length is the number of logical unit numbers
> reported multiplied by eight.  If the allocation length in the command
> descriptor block is too small to transfer information about all
> configured logical units, the LUN list length value shall not be
> adjusted to reflect the truncation.

My object, jumble apologies.

Ralph...