95-253R1 -- Proposed REPORT LUNS command

ROWEBER at ACM.ORG ROWEBER at ACM.ORG
Thu Sep 7 01:56:49 PDT 1995

To: SCSI Reflector

It has come to my attention that the following paragraph in 253r1 is
missing a SHALL:

> The LUN list length shall contain the length in bytes of the LUN list.
> Essentially, the LUN list length is the number of logical unit numbers
> reported multiplied by eight.  If the allocation length in the command
> descriptor block is too small to transfer information about all
> configured logical units, the LUN list value not be adjusted to
> reflect the truncation.

The SHALL belongs before the NOT in the last sentence.  After the change,
the paragraph would read:

> The LUN list length shall contain the length in bytes of the LUN list.
> Essentially, the LUN list length is the number of logical unit numbers
> reported multiplied by eight.  If the allocation length in the command
> descriptor block is too small to transfer information about all
> configured logical units, the LUN list value shall not be adjusted to
> reflect the truncation.

I believe that this change makes the requirements match those stated in
other instances where returned parameter data is truncated.  If this change
meets with everyone's approval, I will bring the revision to the SCSI
working group.

Thanks.

Ralph...