fcp mapping scsi 3 addressing model

Atul Talati atul at storcon.com
Tue Oct 31 11:44:09 PST 1995

hi,

I have a question, about 8 byte addressing model for fcp scsi mapping.

I have disk array with two lun, how fcp_port(initiator) access disk array.

I see 8 byte lun addressing, could you please show me how 8 byte looks like
for accessing lun0 and lun1.

Each lun has 4 scsi device connected. lun 0 has scsi device target id of 0,
and lun 1 has scsi devices target id 1.  also if you could show me how to
access scsi device 3 on lun 1 and scsi device 2 on lun 0.

I am sorry it's not clear to me from spec. I appreciate your response.

Thank you,

Atul Talati

  |       Atul Talati           |       Storage Concepts Inc.      |
  |     Sr. Firmware Eng.       |          2652 McGaw Ave          |
  | Email:  atul at storcon.com    |        Irvine, CA.  92714        |
  | Uucp:   ..!storcon!atul     | (714)852-8511, Fax (714)852-8930 |