LVDS question

Skip Jones sk_jones at qlc.com
Fri Oct 13 13:45:08 PDT 1995

Lee,

This topic has been discussed several times.  I share the view with those that
believe bad (excessive) overhead in SCSI has more to do with poor
implementation than what is inherent in the standard.  If implemented well with
'good' silicon and well written firmware/software, SCSI overhead is already
fairly low at under 200 microseconds for the entire I/O (host AND target
included), and in some cases much less.

Therefore, I view this effort as a lot work for little gain.  Poor
implementations will persist regardless of what we do in the standard.

sj