Medium changer question

Dan Davies - Overland Data ddavies at cts.com
Wed Oct 11 14:06:04 PDT 1995

Here's a question for those folks involved with the SCSI-3 Medium Changer
command set:

Has any provision been made in the SCSI-3 medium changer model and command
set to allow bar code information (Volume Tag) to be associated with a
removeable magazine?  I'm aware of some vendor unique implementations that
can report the bar code information for a magazine (not the media in the
magazine), but I can't find anything that deals with it it a standard
fashion.  This information would be useful with library management
software to prompt the user for insertion of a specific magazine for a
particular operation.

Any comments or information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan Davies
Overland Data Inc.