Parallel SCSI, Marketing Group Names

Lohmeyer, John JLOHMEYE at cosmpdaero.ftcollinsco.ncr.com
Wed Nov 22 11:51:00 PST 1995

Gerry,

I like your proposal (and doubt anything useful can be "sexy" -- sure beats
the creeping superlatives).  I understand Gene's concerns with using 'SPI'
here as it could be confused with the standard, which does not deal with all
the flavors that your naming convention covers.  Perhaps the marketing group
can produce a table that relates the various names to the appropriate
standards.

As for the group name, I would like to avoid the word "parallel" even though
that is our current focus.  The P word could be rather limiting in the
future when we might need to broaden our focus to include other physical
transport layers.

My suggestions:

SCSI Industry Association
SCSI Industry Group
SCSI Marketing Group
SCSI Marketing Association
SCSI Trade Association
SCSI Association
 . . .

Happy Thanksgiving!

John
John Lohmeyer             E-Mail:  john.lohmeyer at symbios.com
Symbios Logic Inc.         Voice:  719-573-3362
1635 Aeroplaza Dr.           Fax:  719-573-3037
Colo Spgs, CO 80916     SCSI BBS:  719-574-0424 300--14400 baud