Low Power Differential

Gene Milligan Gene_Milligan at notes.seagate.com
Tue May 23 10:03:57 PDT 1995

Bill wrote:
> .Real cost effects of pin/driver counts (Eliminating the
>         external differential drivers is a huge cost reduction -- this
>         needs to be quantitatively played against the cost differences
>         in silicon/packaging)

 I think you are losing sight of the fact that the volume is single ended and
there are no differential drivers to eliminate. So the added pins are a direct
cost adder with no offsetting cost reduction. Unless this concern can be
addressed there is a good chance that the volume opportunity will not
materialize.

Gene