MMC WORKING GROUP 5/9/95 AGENDA

Lohmeyer, John JLOHMEYE at cosmpdaero.ftcollinsco.ncr.com
Wed May 3 12:57:00 PDT 1995

To: Peter Brown, MMC Reflector, SCSI Reflector, ATAPI Reflector, Ron Roberts
Cc: Bob Otis, Dennis Pak
Fm: John Lohmeyer

I am sorry to copy so many reflectors, but I feel my response needs to cover
the same people as Peter's original message.  I suggest that any follow up
messages be directed to only the MMC Reflector.

Peter Brown wrote:

>     This meeting was changed from Wednesday to Tuesday without any
>     votes taken for the change. In fact a vote was taken by the group
>     at the Lake Tahoe meeting to make Wednesday the official meeting
>     day. Ron decided on his own to change the dates and would not
>     entertain any discussion.

I can't speak for the MMC meeting, but X3T10 both discussed the May meeting
map and voted unanimously to approve it.  The attendance sheet shows that
you were present for this meeting.  (If you left early, then I have no
sympathy,  If not, then why did you vote to approve the meeting schedule?)

>     This action taken by Ron without any discussion is highly
>     offensive to me. I have also sent mail to John Lohmeyer on this
>     subject but he has not responded.

This action was not taken unilaterally by Ron.  In fact, I am not sure who
suggested moving MMC to Tuesday, but it accommodated a need to extend the
ATA Working Group and I recall no objections.

I have received no other email from you, but my email has been down twice in
the last few weeks.  The first episode deleted a day's email with no bounce
reports (server crashed).  The second bounced all email arriving Monday
morning of this week (server disk full).

>    I also want this topic on the agenda for next working group
>    meeting after X3T10 week.

I realize you want to be present to discuss this topic, but if it is delayed
past next week then the July meeting week schedule will also be set.  While
X3T10 respects the input of its various working groups and tries to
accommodate their needs, it must ultimately set the meeting schedule for its
plenary weeks.  This means X3T10 must balance the needs of the various
subgroups and their members.  I have not found a way to make everyone happy.

I recommend that the MMC working group discuss this topic next week and give
their recommendations to X3T10.  Since you cannot be there, I recommend that
you submit any additional rationale for your position to the MMC Reflector
(only, please!).

John Lohmeyer, X3T10 Chair
John Lohmeyer             E-Mail:  john.lohmeyer at symbios.com
Symbios Logic Inc.         Voice:  719-573-3362
1635 Aeroplaza Dr.           Fax:  719-573-3037
Colo Spgs, CO 80916     SCSI BBS:  719-574-0424 300--14400 baud