SCAM: Response to BUS DEVICE RESET message

Otto, Erich EOTTO at cosmpdgate.ftcollinsco.ncr.com
Thu Mar 23 15:53:00 PST 1995

All,

What is the proper response for a SCAM slave device when it receives a BUS
DEVICE RESET (0Ch) message?  I believe that it should execute a hard reset
such as cancel all current processes and resetting most default parameters.
 I am guessing that this does not include resetting the device's SCSI ID
once it has been confirmed as a default ID or assigned through the SCAM
protocol.  Otherwise, in a SCAM Level-1 system, it would be left without an
ID until a SCSI Reset is issued.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated,

Erich Otto
Symbios Logic, Inc.