[raster: Re: 3/95 Direct Attach Disk Adhoc Minutes]

Radek Aster raster at cherokee.asd.sgi.com
Fri Mar 10 11:08:33 PST 1995

Radek Aster wrote :

> One has to be careful when making general interpretations based around
> the number of devices. The simulations were done assuming
> Seagate-Barracuda class drives; i.e. 5400 RPM, 15 mSec Max Seek,
> etc. which implies 73 random 2K IOPS per spindle.

I've been informed that the Seagate-Barracuda in fact spins at 7200
RPM, so please strike the words "Seagate-Barracuda class drives" from
the above statement. The simulations were done with 5400 RPM drives.

Sorry for the error.

 Radek Aster                            @       | "If humans are so evolved,
 mailto:raster at sgi.com      ___~*:    _ \    _  |  how come they don't have
 mailto:raster at netcom.com  '/|~~\    (*)-^+-(*) |  opposable thumbs on their