SCAM Questions

Jim McGrath jmcgrath at qntm.com
Fri Mar 3 15:01:21 PST 1995

        Reply to:   RE>>SCAM Questions

John wrote:

I disagree with Jim MGrath's statement about the " authoritative reference
is the orginal SCAM document, rev 5".  It certainly is worth checking if you
have any doubts about Annex B in SPI, but it is NOT the "authoritative
reference".  X3T10 has voted to accept several changes since that document
which are included in the SPI Annex B.

Legally, that is correct.  But since the first SCAM devices and host adapters
were based off of SCAM 5, it is the PRACTICAL reference for a developer - none
of the additions made since then are critical for normal operation of level 1
(I forget how critical some of them might have been for level 2).

Jim