MMC WG minutes, 6/7-6/8/95

RKROBERTS at aol.com RKROBERTS at aol.com
Fri Jun 23 12:40:20 PDT 1995


Accredited Standards Committee*
X3, Information Processing Systems

Doc.No. 	95_255R0.doc
Date:	   June 19,1995
Project:	X3T10-1048D	
Ref. Doc.:	X3T10/94-057
Reply to:  	R. Roberts

To:		    Membership of X3T10
From:	    RK Roberts
Subject:	 Minutes of X3T10 MMC  Working Group - June 7 & 8, 1995

The editor would like to thank Rob Riesch of Eastman Kodak for chairing the
6/8
 meeting as I had other pressing business. Thanks Rob..
The charts and documents developed during the meetings are being generated
and
 will be available at the next meeting in Colorado Springs.  I will also have
them on
 the ftp site at  SYMBIOS after the meeting on the 12th of July.  All of
these documents
 will be in Word 6 format..

1.  Opening Remarks
Ron Roberts convened the meeting at 9:30 AM on June 7, 1995.  He thanked
Dennis Pak 
of Apple Computer for hosting the meeting and for providing lunch on both
days.
As is customary, the people attending introduced themselves.  A copy of the
attendance
 list was circulated for attendance and corrections.
This meeting has been authorized by X3T10 and will be conducted under the X3
rules.  Ad
 hoc meetings take no final actions, but prepare recommendations for approval
by the X3T10
 technical group.  The voting rules for the meeting are those of the parent
committee, X3T10.
  For the ad hoc, other than straw votes, the voting rules  are:  one vote
per participating company. 
The minutes of this meeting will be posted to the X3T10 BBS, the SCSI
Reflector, the MMC
 Reflector, the ATAPI Reflector, and will be included in the next X3T10
committee mailing.
Attendance at working group meetings does not count toward minimum attendance
requirements 
for X3T10 membership.  Working group meetings are open to any person or
company to
 attend and to express their opinion on the subjects being discussed.
2.  Attendance and Membership
See attendance sheet attached.  List includes attendees for both days.

3.  Document Distribution
None
4.   Call for Patents
Ron requested that any patents known to the working group be identified
5.  Approval of Agenda
The agenda was approved as presented.
6.0 	Meeting Agenda
     6.1   Review of Functional Requirements document
             Discussions were focused on the generation of a Functional
Requirements document. 
             This  document to provide guidance for the generation of the
command section for CD-R. 
             Some of  the open issues are listed below:
             1- Where is the detailed track information and disk information
obtained?
             2- What is the addressing?   LBN? LBA?
	3- Need to add track definitions to the MMC document
	4- One flow for making the PMA entries
	5- Is there an Orange Book Requirement for post gap? (Bill Mc to resolve)
	6- PMA bounds need to be clarified ( Bill Mc & Mike Y to provide
information)
	7- The functional spec will be reviewed to develop a min. functional
requirements for data
                 storage. 
	8- Copy protection issue & R-W sub-channels
	9- Host setting Power Cal value needs to be added to functional spec

Flows were generated for each of the writer processes to be incorporated into
the functional
 requirements doc. These flows will be distributed under separate cover, week
of July 19. 
 (issued to ftp sites at WDC & Symbios)
     6.2   Write Process architecture
     6.3   Command flow requirements  ( define minimum requirements)
     6.3   Review any Technology proposals (please provide copies of docs, if
any)
             No new technology was presented
7.0	New Business
No new business was brought before the working group
8.0	Review of Action Items
	The following action items were assigned:
	1- Bill McFerrin provide requirements for Pre Gap
	2- Bill McFerrin & Mike Yokoyama to define PMA bounds used
	3- Functional Primitives for Uninterrupted Disc @ Once.     Devon W.
	4- Functional Primitives for session @ once      Devon W.
	5- Functional Primitives for write packet        Bill Mc.
	6- Functional Primitives for Reserve Track     Ken T.
	7- Functional Primitives for Write track at once    Mike Y.
	8- Functional Primitives for Complete session        Charles Y. 
	9- Functional Primitives for Complete Packet Track   Rob Sims
	Note:  For action items 3-9 at the next meeting be ready to present
Functional  Primitives. Bill to put an example on the reflector in two weeks
that can be used as a model. (already done - ed)
	10- August meeting - group proposed 8/2 - 8/3 -  WD, Philips, HP volunteered
to host. Ron R. to 
                  resolve
9.0	Future Meeting Schedule
Next meeting will be in Colorado Springs on Wednesday July 12, 1995 during
the X3T10 meetings.
 Current time on the 12th is from 1PM to 6PM. Two working group sessions are
being planned in
August, one in the bay  area and one in S. Calif.. These should lead to a
first cut of the MMC
 document and a fairly complete Functional Requirement document.
10.0	Adjournment
Meeting adjourned at 3PM on June 8, 1995
 
ATTENDANCE LIST  For Feb 2 & 3,1995

Name	Company	E-mail
Mr. Chris Brown 	       APPLE COMPUTER, Inc	
        brown.c at applelink.apple.com
Mr. Dennis Pak	       APPLE COMPUTER, Inc	
        dennis.pak at applelink.apple.com
Mr. Florey Lin	       Cirrus Logic	                         florey at cirrus.com
Mr. Chi Wang	       Cirrus Logic	                         cwang at cirrus.com
Mr. Robert Reisch	       Eastman Kodak
                        reisch at sector.kodak.com
Mr. Rob Sims 	       Hewlett Packard
                      robsims at depeche.lvld.hp.com
Mr. Greg Cheever	       Microsoft Corp	
                       gregch at microsoft.com
Mr. Mike Flora	       Microsoft Corp	
                       mikefl at microsoft.com
Mr. Neil Sugie	       Mitsumi (Alpha Peripherals)
    101122.1711 at compuserve.com
Mr. Peter Brown	       OAK Technology	        brown at corp.oaktech.com
Mr. Kent Manabe	       Panasonic/ AKEI	        n/a
Mr. Charles Yang	       Panasonic	
                       cyang at sensemedia.net
Mr. James W. Liu	       Philips Semiconductor
             jhu at scs.philips.com
Mr. Bill McFerrin	       Philips
                                     bill-mc at lms.com
Mr. Ganesh Swaminathan	Philips	
                      ganesh at keymodules.philips.com
Mr. Kevin Ross	       Philips Semiconductor	       rossk at scs.philips.com
Mr. Hiroshi Horii	       Sanyo North America	
      q99horii at hr155.ai.sanyo.co.jp
Mr. Kazushige  Yoshino	Sanyo	
                      kyoshino at edp.pcmail.insopd.sanyo.co.jp
Mr. Ron Roberts	       SIERRA-PAC Technology       rkroberts at aol.com
Mr. Mike Yokoyama        SONY	
                     masayuki at cppc.sel.sony.com
Mr. Tom Hanan	       Western Digital                       hanan-t at a1.wdc.com
Mr. Devon Worrell	       Western Ditigal
                      worrell at dt.wdc.com
Mr. Ken Takeshita	       Yamaha Corp
                        take at lab1.yamaha.co.jp
Mr. Masa Morizumi	       Yamaha Corp
                        mori at lab1.yamaha.co.jp







More information about the T10 mailing list