Disconnect/MessageReject

Thomas "Rick" Tewell 74431.1221 at compuserve.com
Fri Jun 2 12:20:25 PDT 1995

What do you think the proper response for a target should be if
an initiator issues a MESSAGE REJECT in response to a DISCONNECT
message?
I should think that the target should simply stay connected as if
it did not have the DISCONNECT privilege. Should it attempt
subsequent DISCONNECT messages during the current nexus?
I'm sorry if the question sounds arcane and I realize that most
targets have mode pages that might address these issues, but I am
interested in the opinion of the reflector group.

Thomas "Rick" Tewell
Sequoia Advanced Technologies, Inc.
55 Shaver Street
San Rafael, CA 94901
Tel: 415-459-7978                            BBS: 415-459-7977
Fax: 415-459-7988                     Compuserve: GO SEQUOIA (PCVENB Forum)
Email: thomas.tewell at seqadvtech.com
Editors of ANSI X3T10 SCSI-3 Block Command (SBC) and SCSI-3 Graphics
Command (SGC) documents.