SCSI Reflector jabbering

Lohmeyer, John JLOHMEYE at cosmpdaero.ftcollinsco.ncr.com
Thu Jan 26 08:39:00 PST 1995

Last night I received a couple frantic calls about the SCSI reflector
jabbering messages every few minutes with headers, but no content.
 Apparently, this problem only affected some of you.  I did not receive any
of these messages even though my name is at the beginning of the reflector
list.

The problem was apparently caused by a large file (>3MB) sent to the
reflector which caused the reflector machine to run out of disk space (as it
tried to make over 200 copies of this message).  Once a Unix machine runs
out of disk space, very ODD things happen...

I greatly appreciate the efforts of John Pedersen who came into work late
last night to clear things up and I apologize to anyone who was
inconvenienced by the failure.

John
John Lohmeyer             E-Mail:  john.lohmeyer at hmpd.com
NCR Microelectronics       Voice:  719-573-3362
1635 Aeroplaza Dr.           Fax:  719-573-3037
Colo Spgs, CO 80916     SCSI BBS:  719-574-0424 300--14400 baud