Mega Transfers per Second

Dal Allan 0002501752 at mcimail.com
Mon Jan 23 23:30:00 PST 1995

Bill,

I agree with Bob that Xfr is an accepted abbreviation for Transfer. To use T
to mean Transfer contradicts other accepted industry usage because it would
be confused with the accepted symbol for Tera e.g.

   TB = Terabyte       Tb = Terabit       TBs and TB/s = Terabytes/second

Might I propose MXs or MX/s as being less confusing?

I have never seen it used but then aren't we in the standards business?

If we use MXs to avoid confusion, we have a de facto use which could go on
to be universally adopted.

Dal

P.S. MTs converts to MegaTeras for me, though a spelling of MegaTerrors
would be much more apt for two kids who were on one of my recent flights.