Who is the real Mode Page 0x0D?

Gerry Houlder Gerry_Houlder at notes.seagate.com
Thu Apr 20 15:14:27 PDT 1995

Someone has pointed out that SCS-2 defines a Mode Page 0x0D for CD-ROM devices.
I saw it described in rev. 10K, so I know it is there.

SCSI-3 has created a new Mode Page 0x0D (power control page) that was accepted
and is now described in SBC rev. 1. Does this mean that the SCSI-2 CD-ROM Mode
page D is defunct? Are SCSI-3 systems going to have to distinguish between the
two different Mode Page Ds in their drivers? If so, what will CD-ROM devices
use for a power control page?

To John Lohmeyer - Please add this issue to the agenda of the Harrisburg
Working Group Meeting.