SCSI connectors

Brian A Berg bberg at shell.portal.com
Tue Sep 20 09:18:23 PDT 1994

Say, have any of you folks out there had any problems with bent pins on your
SCSI-2 connectors, particularly the 68-pin style?  I have, even though I try
to be careful.  I have seen a "mini Centronics" style connector in the 100
conductor flavor which appears to be of the same density as the SCSI 50 and
68 conductor high density connectors.  I hate to think of yet another flavor
of connector entering the SCSI marketplace, but I feel that there will be
more of a problem with bent pins as the SCSI-2 A connectors, as required by
SCSI Plug and Play, begin to see more use by the "general public".

Are any folks out there sympathetic to my concern?  I'd like to know what
this "mini Centronics" style connector's official industry name is, as well.
Thank you for your time.
  Brian A. Berg           E-mail: bberg at bswd.com
  Berg Software Design     Voice: 408.741.5010
  P.O. Box 3488              FAX: 408.741.5234
  Saratoga, CA 95070 USA   Focus: software consulting: SCSI, optical storage