Third-party SCSI data transfers

Gene Milligan Gene_Milligan at notes.seagate.com
Thu Sep 15 06:32:23 PDT 1994

I assume the proposal is directed to the Operating System people. Is this
correct? If so, I imagine the CAM folks would need to deal with it. Keep in
mind, it would be difficult to find any SCSI peripherals which implement
third-party transfers except removable devices since it is targeted at backup
applications. But I haven't followed this to understand why it falls under
"third party".
Gene Milligan -- Gene_Milligan at notes.seagate.com
Seagate Technology   -   920 Disc Drive   -   Scotts Valley, CA 95066 USA
Main Phone 408-438-6550   -   Email Problems postmaster at notes.seagate.com
Technical Support: BBS 408-438-8771  Fax 408-438-8137  Voice 408-438-8222

### OGATE Version 8 message trace and attachment information:
### MsgFileName: m:\mgate\outbound\54.MSG
### Org Date:    09-15-94 05:57:16 AM
### From:        Gene Milligan at SEAGATE
### To:          SCSI @ wichitaKS.ncr.com @ internet
### Subject:     Re: Third-party SCSI data transfers