94-178R0 -- Proposal for TEST SUPPORT command

Ralph Weber -- VMS -- ZKO3-4/U14 weber at star.enet.dec.com
Mon Sep 12 06:53:24 PDT 1994

Gene's last comment caused me to realize that I forgot the 8 bytes of overhead
in each response message.  Adjusting the numbers for that oversight, I get:

                                                   Parm.
                           Command      O/H   CDB   Data
                       FORMAT UNIT        8     6     32 ***
                           INQUIRY        8     6
    PREVENT - ALLOW MEDIUM REMOVAL        8     6
                           READ(6)        8     6
                          READ(10)        8    10
                     READ CAPACITY        8    10
                           RELEASE        8     6
                     REQUEST SENSE        8     6
                           RESERVE        8     6
                   SEND DIAGNOSTIC        8     6
                   TEST UNIT READY        8     6
                            Totals       88    74       32
                                              194

My reading of the proposal suggests that 8 bytes of zeros should be enough to
represent all the unsupported commands.  I should think that a single data
region of 8 bytes would be sufficient to cover this need.  Thus, the total
would be 202 bytes.

Thanks.

Ralph::