Attendance Rule

Gene Milligan Gene_Milligan at notes.seagate.com
Fri Sep 2 13:51:57 PDT 1994

I think I gave this to Larry Lamers for the procedures but I do not think I
posted it for others to see. If I did, sorry for a second posting.

As those that participate in X3T10 know, I have been campaigning for X3T10 to
guard against not being able to muster sufficient votes at meetings. This is
because of the appropriate rule that 2/3 voting includes a requirement for a
majority of the membership. To guard against failing unanimous votes, X3T12 has
had for several years the following rule which is documented each year in their
annual report. Quoting from the X3T12 annual report (for the X3T9.5 year of
1993):

"X3T9.5 (Now X3T12) Internal Procedures

X3T9.5 uses the procedures defined by the X3 SD-2. They interpret "Attendance
at a Meeting" to require signing the attendance roster, conduct in accordance
with the X3 SD-2, and responding to all roll call votes that may  be required
in completing the meeting agenda."

Although I do not know if X3 has specifically addressed this rule, OMC has
approved each year the report containing the rule.

Gene Milligan -- Gene_Milligan at notes.seagate.com
Seagate Technology   -   920 Disc Drive   -   Scotts Valley, CA 95066 USA
Main Phone 408-438-6550   -   Email Problems postmaster at notes.seagate.com
Technical Support: BBS 408-438-8771  Fax 408-438-8137  Voice 408-438-8222

### OGATE Version 8 message trace and attachment information:
### MsgFileName: m:\mgate\outbound\368.MSG
### Org Date:    09-02-94 01:53:33 PM
### From:        Gene Milligan at SEAGATE
### To:          scsi @ wichitaks.ncr.com @ internet
### Subject:     Attendance Rule