Read Long Conundrum - Editor's Note

Gene Milligan Gene_Milligan at notes.seagate.com
Tue Oct 4 15:25:07 PDT 1994

Some were confused by my editor's note.

> (Editors Note: Since the user of the READ LONG command has written the data on
 purpose
> with the error and expects the data to be not corrected they on equally valid
grounds return
>uncorrected data and report a Good status with no associated
>sense.)

I do not blame them. I left out some words that were in my mind but did not
reach my fingers. The note should have been:

(Editors Note: Since the user of the READ LONG command has written the data on
purpose
with the error and expects the data to be not corrected, some drive firmware
engineers, on equally valid grounds, return uncorrected data and report a Good
status with no associated sense for this case.)
Gene Milligan -- Gene_Milligan at notes.seagate.com
Seagate Technology   -   920 Disc Drive   -   Scotts Valley, CA 95066 USA
Main Phone 408-438-6550   -   Email Problems postmaster at notes.seagate.com
Technical Support: BBS 408-438-8771  Fax 408-438-8137  Voice 408-438-8222

### OGATE Version 8 message trace and attachment information:
### MsgFileName: m:\mgate\outbound\138.MSG
### Org Date:    10-04-94 03:20:29 PM
### From:        Gene Milligan at SEAGATE
### To:          scsi @ wichitaks.ncr.com @ internet
### Subject:     Re: Read Long Conundrum - Editor's Note