SPI, Annex A wording

Gerry Houlder Gerry_Houlder at notes.seagate.com
Tue Nov 29 17:17:20 PST 1994

When you look in SPI Annex A (on hot plugging), clause A.3 part a) uses the
word "quiesced". A very astute technical writer in our company has noted that
this word doesn't exist in any common dictionary. Can anyone come up with a
dictionary reference or other authority that defines this word and accepts it
as a member of the English language?

If such a reference cannot be found, I think our Annex should be changed to
another word or phrase. I don't see the need for us to be defining new terms
here.
Gerry Houlder -- Gerry_Houlder at notes.seagate.com
Seagate Technology   -   920 Disc Drive   -   Scotts Valley, CA 95066 USA
Main Phone 408-438-6550   -   Email Problems postmaster at notes.seagate.com
Technical Support: BBS 408-438-8771  Fax 408-438-8137  Voice 408-438-8222

### OGATE Version 8 message trace and attachment information:
### MsgFileName: m:\mgate\outbound\464.MSG
### Org Date:    11-29-94 02:50:57 PM
### From:        Gerry Houlder at SEAGATE
### To:          scsi @ WichitaKS.NCR.COM @ internet
### Subject:     SPI, Annex A wording