CDB Control Byte, bits 6&7

Devon Worrell Worrell x7042 worrell at st9.dt.wdc.com
Fri Nov 4 09:31:52 PST 1994

Hi,

I would make a recommendation that a new 12 byte opcode be assigned for
the READ TOC, and the format kept the same. This would allow migration
to the new command for SCSI and not break any of the ATAPI devices. The
ATAPI drives could also move to support both opcodes.

BACKGROUND:

--
Devon,

"Every truth passes through three stages before it is recognized.
 In the first it is ridiculed, in the second it is opposed, in the
 third it is regarded as self-evident!"

    _/_/_/_/    _/_/_/_/    _/      _/ | Devon B. Worrell <worrell at dt.wdc.com>
   _/      _/  _/      _/  _/      _/  | Senior Principal Engineer
  _/      _/  _/_/_/_/    _/  _/  _/   | Western Digital Corporation
 _/      _/  _/       _/ _/_/_/_/_/    | 8105 Irvine Center Drive
_/_/_/_/    _/_/_/_/_/  _/      _/     | Irvine, CA 92718
				       | Host Interface & Technology Staging
				       | Phone: (714) 932-7042
				       | Fax:   (714) 932-7796

"Not speaking in an official capacity for my employer"
"Void where prohibited by law"
"No refunds--all sales are final"
"Does not include CA Redemption Value"