SCSI over ATM

John Lohmeyer jlohmeye at ncr-mpd.FtCollinsCO.NCR.COM
Fri May 13 08:48:47 PDT 1994

"Dave Ford wrote:"

>Is anyone working on layering SCSI protocols over ATM? I'm
>interested in either standards based efforts or proprietary,
>single company solutions.

There are actually two proposals for standard ways to transmit SCSI over
ATM.  Ed Gardner has suggested including this capability in the Serial
Storage Protocol (SSP) which is principally designed for send SCSI over
Serial Storage Architecture - Physical (SSA-PH).  Gary Stephens has suggested
using the Generic Packetized Protocol (GPP) for transporting SCSI over ATM
(and almost anything else).

John

--
John Lohmeyer                      E-Mail:  John.Lohmeyer at FtCollinsCO.NCR.COM
NCR Microelectronics                Voice:  719-573-3362