Download Code

George Penokie GOP at rchvmp3.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Mar 25 13:08:56 PST 1994

I looked over Jim McGrath's proposal and then saw the DEC slightly more
complicated counter proposal.  And, guess what, IBM has implemented
downloading chunks in yet another way that is close to Jims proposal but
different enough to cause us problems.  I suggest that it will be impossible
to reach consensus on how to modifiy the download code, (unless of course
everyone falls in love with the way we do it!!!).

I think Jim should do a new command that would do download in a way we can
all agree on.

Any Comments?

Bye for now,
George Penokie