Proposed control mechanism for reserved handling

John Lohmeyer jlohmeye at ncr-mpd.FtCollinsCO.NCR.COM
Fri Jun 10 14:08:29 PDT 1994

"Gerry Houlder wrote:"

> I think the proposal is reasonable, but I would not like to see the DRC bit
> sandwiched into the AEN controls in byte 4.
>
> I suggest using byte 2, bit 7.

I do not care where the bit goes.  Byte 2, bit 7 is fine with me.  Gene
Milligan also sent me an email on this topic (which didn't go to the reflector,
I think).  He suggested byte 4, bit 5 for similar reasons.  Your suggestion
really gets DRC out of the way.

I looked through the X3T9.2 document register when I prepared the proposal
and didn't find any matches on 'control', so I missed the accepted proposals.
(No, I didn't check George's document -- I was in a hurry and knew I'd get
corrected if I missed anything :-)

> ... I know this process is
> complicated by the fact that there is no SCSI-3 document that pulls all this
> together.

Amen!  I plan to introduce a motion withdrawing the SBC project if we do
not get a volunteer to edit the document soon.

John

--
John Lohmeyer                      E-Mail:  John.Lohmeyer at FtCollinsCO.NCR.COM
NCR Microelectronics                Voice:  719-573-3362