Sad_news

Dal Allan dal at endl.com
Mon Jul 25 10:09:03 PDT 1994

It is with deep regret that I write this email.

Last week, when I checked my voicemail following the SCSI plenary I learned
that Bill Spence is no longer with us. Bill passed away while on vacation
with his wife's family in Michigan. Linda is staying with relatives before
returning to the ranch.

This is not only the loss of a friend to all who knew him, but even to those
of you who use SCSI but never met him. Bill was the driving force behind the
improvements that were made to single ended operation, and are documented
today in SPI.

Bill lived in Texas, and our next meeting is in Houston. I thought that some
of us might get together for an evening for a memorial dinner where we can
tell stories and reminisce about Bill. His presence will stay with all of
us, and this is a way we can share our memories of a fine individual.

Dal

     NOTE: Internet is only available in my office and my provider is going
     through a shakeup, so to reach me at all times please do not use the
     REPLY TO: address. Instead, respond to:

            250-1752 at mcimail.com  or dal_allan at mcimail.com

P.S. Could those of you who will be in Houston and want to attend please
send me a private email so that I can get an idea on the number of people
involved. I will co-ordinate with host Bill Galloway on arrangements. There
are conflicts every evening in the week except Thursday, after the plenary.