Multi-Media SCSI-2 Demo Thursday Morning in the Bedford room

Ralph Weber -- VMS -- ZKO3-4/U14 weber at star.enet.dec.com
Wed Jul 13 08:48:27 PDT 1994

FYI:

The demonstration that John describes below will take place in the
Bedford room of the Sheraton Wayfarer hotel (from 10 till noon).  --Ralph::

From:	US2RMC::"jlohmeyer at ccmgate1bb.ftcollinsco.NCR.COM"   11-JUL-1994
To:	scsi at WichitaKS.NCR.COM, ata at dt.wdc.com
CC:
Subj:	Multi-Media SCSI-2 Demo Thursday Morning Bedford, NH

         Janet Burnham-Sauter of Global Engineering Documents will be
         present at the Bedford, NH X3T10 meetings to demonstrate a
         new product concept that Global is considering:  Electronic
         multimedia documents (essentially hypertext).  She will have
         initial versions of some of our documents, including SCSI-2.

         The demo will take place Thursday morning, July 21, from
         10:00 am until noon.  Please stop by during that time to see
         for yourself.  The product is a Windows (tm) application that
         works much like the Windows help system.

         The plan is to offer a subscription service that would
         include periodic document updates on CDROM.  For this
         purpose, I am requesting that the document editors bring
         electronic copies of their mostly-recently distributed
         documents to the meeting next week.  Janet will take these
         back for conversion.