SCAM selection

Tak Asami (Asami asami at dt.wdc.com
Mon Jul 11 18:26:30 PDT 1994

Hi there, SPI fans, this one's for you....

How does a SCAM master device initiating a SCAM selection determine that
no other device has responded to the selection attempt?  Is there such a
thing as a time-out of a SCAM selection attempt or does the SCAM master
figure out no one else is out there from the subsequent SCAM transfer
cycles (i.e., he plays out the transfer cycles all by himself before
deciding there's no one else out there)?

I thought I understood the process until someone asked me.
Can someone help?  Larry?  Ed?

Western Digital Corp.
I/O Product Engineering
(714)932-7621