Comment ATA ProjProposal

Steve Finch TFINCHS%A1.VAX2T.mrouter at vax2t.tus.ssi1.com
Tue Jan 18 07:49:06 PST 1994

John Lohmeyer has informed me of some problems with the project proposals:
1.  The address information on him is WAY OUT OF DATE.  His address is
NCR Corp., 1635 Aeroplaza Dr, Colorado Springs, CO 80916, PH: 719-573-3362,
FX 719-597-8225, EM: John.Lohmeyer at FtCollinsCO.NCR.COM.
2.  The format of the project proposal is "out of date".  While this is
true, the content and intent are still the same.  We will have to work this
out, but it should slow us down!  (Should it?)

You probably received the proposals at least twice and possibly as many as
eight times.  The first time the information was garbaged by my machine
because a stupid operator ASSUMED a functionality that was not there.
Sorry!  The second time I sent it, all was well.  I did send it to all
pertinent reflectors (ATA, SCSI, ATAPI, and SFF).  I will soon stop doing
this and only send things to the ATA reflector.  Those not signed up to the
NEW ATA reflector please read the following which is paraphrased from a WD
document passed out at the last working group:

To sign up to receive ATA reflector messages send a message to:

     Majordomo at dt.wdc.com

and include, as a single line, the following text

     subscribe ata <your-email-address>

If you wish also to subscribe to the ATAPI and/or SSA reflectors which WD
is also providing, add one or two additional lines to your message:

     subscribe ssa <your-email-address>
     subscribe atapi <your-email-address>

To send a message to the ATA reflector, send the message to:

     ata at dt.wdc.com

PLEASE NOTE:  IT IS NECESSARY AND SUFFICIENT TO SEND ATA RELATED MESSAGES
TO ONLY ONE REFLECTOR:  THE ATA REFLECTOR.  Continue use of the SCSI
reflector for ATA subjects is discouraged.  Since ATA and ATAPI are so
related, there will have to be messages sent to both reflectors when those
messages are relavent to both topics.  I hope that in the near future that
ATAPI will be forwarded to the ATA Working Group and, at that time, the
ATAPI reflector can be cycled down.

Steve Finch, Silicon Systems, Inc.
PH:  714 573-6808, FX: 714 573-6914, EMAIL:  5723283 at mcimail.com