Open issues from January 11 SAM working group

John Lohmeyer jlohmeye at ncr-mpd.FtCollinsCO.NCR.COM
Tue Feb 15 08:50:04 PST 1994

"Jeff Stai wrote:"

> Regarding item 1: I tend to prefer option b), even if the protocol does
> not support autosense. I recall, however, that way back in the deep
> dark mists of early SCSI-1, we had a status code of "RECOVERED ERROR"
> (code 0x01). It really meant "not an error, but I do have sense data if
> you want it". I just mention it as a possibility if folks really want
> a general solution.

   . . .  stuff deleted  . . .

> Comments? Rocks?

Just one small rock... "RECOVERED ERROR" is a sense key, not a status code.
It is appropriate to use CHECK CONDITION status with RECOVERED ERROR sense
key.  By the time the initiator has the RECOVERED ERROR sense key, it
also has the sense data (whether by autosense or by REQUEST SENSE).

That is why I lobbied for case a).

John

--
John Lohmeyer                      E-Mail:  John.Lohmeyer at FtCollinsCO.NCR.COM
NCR Microelectronics                Voice:  719-573-3362