Comments on Ultra SCSI

John Lohmeyer jlohmeye at ncr-mpd.FtCollinsCO.NCR.COM
Mon Feb 14 08:22:25 PST 1994

"Steve Finch wrote:"

> Is Ultra SCSI for differential only?  I think it will have to be, as
> single ended has significant problems.

  .... meat deleted ....

> Out of curiosity, is anyone out there coming to the March 3 Ultra SCSI
> meeting thinking this idea is a done deal?
>
> COMMENTS?

Yeah, I think that Ultra SCSI is easier to do as a differential-only
solution.  However, I think it might be hard to explain this to the 80%+
single-ended SCSI market.  There are a couple possibilities regarding
Ultra single-ended:

   1. Don't allow it.
   2. Restrict it (e.g., 15 Mrep/sec or controlled environment where slew
      rates can be faster)

By the way, I hope no one is planning to come to the Ultra SCSI meeting
on March 3rd...unless I missed a change in date, Jim McGrath announced
this meeting for May 2nd, but meant March 2nd.  What day is it really?!?
And what times?

John

--
John Lohmeyer                      E-Mail:  John.Lohmeyer at FtCollinsCO.NCR.COM
NCR Microelectronics                Voice:  719-573-3362