March Meeting Mystery

Skip Jones sk_jones at qlc.com
Wed Feb 9 13:24:31 PST 1994

Two things:

1) I have been getting strange messages from folks saying that I (and/or Ken
Hallum) sent out e-mail stating that I am hosting the March  meetings
(X3T10/11, SSA, etc., etc.) in San Diego! (Ken, was that you? It sure was not
me!)

I have not received such a message, but for those of you who did, rest assured
that the March meeting that am hosting is NOT in San Diego.  The Hyatt
Newporter is in Newport Beach. Clever, huh? I have attached the meeting notice
as a refresh.

2) Where's the reservations? The Hyatt has notified me that there is not even
reservations for 20 people per night under the group name! What's up? Afraid of
a few little earthquakes, fires, and mudslides?

They do have rooms available for now and have extended the cut-off date. So
PLEASE make them ASAP under the group name.

Remember, the group name can be confusing to some people that work at hotels in
SoCal. Make sure that you don't use the 800 number and be persistant in trying
different names. They committed to not making the same dumb mistakes as last
year ("Uh, what's an antscie?"), but they do. The 800 number will more probably
give you a lot more problems.

I have attached the meeting schedules which I have rooms reserved for.

Any problems? Let me know at 714 668 5058.

See ya here!

MEETING ANNOUNCEMENT
Accredited Standards Committee X3T9

MARCH 14-18, 1994
Hosted by: QLogic Corporation

LOCATION:           	Hyatt Newporter
                    		1107 Jamboree Road
                    		Newport Beach, California  92660
                      		714-729-1234

ROOM RATE:         $100.00 including taxes and parking
                   		$150.00 for a suite

GROUP NAME:         ANSI X3T9

RESERVATION CUTOFF DATE:   February 1, 1994 (I have extended it, but please
hurry! They expect the hotel to be fully booked and I will loose the rooms.)

IMPORTANT!  Call the Newporter direct. Do not use the 800 number. But even
then, persist in trying different versions of the group name. I've tried to
give them a good list of group names that people call under, but that does not
mean that the person you speak with will read the list.

Try:
1) American National Standards Institute (usually works)
2) X3T9
3) "A"N"S"I"
4) Call me at 714 668 5058

HOW TO GET THERE FROM THE ORANGE COUNTY AIRPORT:

   1. When leaving Orange County, John Wayne airport, follow signs to
      Interstate South 405 (left out of airport onto MacAurther Drive).

   2. Get in right lane and turn right onto 405-South freeway.

   3. Exit the 405 freeway at the next exit, Jamboree Blvd.

   4. Make a right onto Jamboree Blvd. and continue for about 5 miles
      (toward ocean).

   5. Pass UC Irvine, MacAurther, Highway 73, University Ave., Bison,
      Ford Rd.

   6. Just past San Joaquin Rd., about .75 miles, look to the right for
      the Hyatt Newporter Hotel entrance.

IN CASE OF QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS, CALL Skip Jones, QLogic Corporation at
714-668-5058, or e-mail at SK_JONES at QLC.COM

     SCHEDULE FOR MARCH 1994 ANSI MEETINGS IN NEWPORT BEACH, CA.

Sunday 3/13    9   10  11  12  1   2   3   4   5
                                 +=============+
(10)                         "*" |Gen Edit Sess| *Begins at 1:30
                                 +=============+

Monday 3/14  	9   10  11  12  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8
               +-------------------+=======================+
(40)           | Small Form Factor | ATA Working Group     |
 			+-------------------+=======================+
(25)          	| 		SCSI CAM Working Group           |
(10)          	|			IPI3             |
            	+--------------------------------+

Tuesday 3/15    9   10  11  12  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8
                +---------------+===============+
(30)            | SSA-UIG	      | X3T10.1 (SSA) |
                +===============+===============+
(30)            | SBP LB Res    | P1394 Plenary |
                +===============+---------------+
(40)            | 		RAID SG / RAB         |
                +===============================+
(15)            | P1394 Connector Task Group    |
                +-------------------------------+============+
(55/25)   	 | FC-EP + IG REVIEW             |   FCA      |
            	 +-------------------------------+============+

Wednesday 3/16  9   10  11  12  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8
                +===========================================+
(55)            | 			SCSI-3 WG                    |
                +===============================+===========+
(30)            | P1394 Plenary Meeting         |
                +-------------------------------+===========+
(55/15)  		|              FC-IG Review      |FC-LE Edit |
            	+--------------------------------+===========+

Thursday 3/17	9   10  11  12  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8
              	+============+  +===========================+
(30/80)       	| SSP WG     |  | X3T10 Plenary             |
		 8	9   10  11  12  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8
(10)     "*" |FC N_PORT/F_PORT MIBS| FABRIC    | *FC Begins at

Friday 3/18 8 	9   10  11  12  1   2
(80)     "*" | X3T10 Plenary        |   *Begins at 8:30