Summary and comparison of alternative multiple port management proposals

Ralph Weber -- VMS -- ZKO3-4/U14 weber at star.enet.dec.com
Thu Dec 29 13:48:52 PST 1994

Bob,

The comparison seems to suggest that X3T10 should adopt either the DUAL PORT
IMPLEMENTATION or the MULTIPLE PORT IMPLEMENTATION, but not both.  If that
is you intent, please consider modifying the MULTIPLE PORT IMPLEMENTATION
proposal to require some removal of the existing dual port sections
(particularly in the SPC).  I am not sure we can completely remove things
like the PORT STATUS command.  But, we could at least push PORT STATUS back
in to the block commands.

Thanks.

Ralph::