Precedence of SCSI-3 Status (X3T10/94-171R0) - resend

Tom Wicklund wicklund at intellistor.com
Wed Aug 31 08:17:07 PDT 1994

"Charles Monia, SHR3-2/W3, 237-6757  30-Aug-1994 1815" writes:

 > If more than one condition applies to a completed task, the report of a
 > BUSY, RESERVATION CONFLICT, ACA ACTIVE or TASK SET FULL
 > status, shall take precedence over the return of any other status for
 > that task."

This change means that a power on unit attention will not be reported
if another initiator has the device reserved.

What will this do to system boot code, which may look for an initial
power on unit attention and often has fairly poor error recovery?

I would guess that any system which can handle a "reservation
conflict" status can probably handle having it happen before the power
on unit attention but some input from system manufacturers would be
useful to avoid unexpected incompatibilities.