Should there be a bit in INQUIRY Data for Fast-20?

John Lohmeyer jlohmeye at ncr-mpd.FtCollinsCO.NCR.COM
Wed Aug 24 14:58:02 PDT 1994

Does anyone know what will happen to current SCSI devices if one sends them
an SDTR message with a proposed Transfer Period less than 100 ns?  While
they _should_ simply negotiate up to a supported value, I wouldn't want
to bet too much on it.  Should we add a bit to the INQUIRY Data to say
the target supports Fast-20 to avoid any nasty surprises?

John

--
John Lohmeyer                      E-Mail:  John.Lohmeyer at FtCollinsCO.NCR.COM
NCR Microelectronics                Voice:  719-573-3362