1996_calendar

Dal Allan dal at endl.com
Tue Aug 23 17:45:06 PDT 1994

     To:       ATA Reflector
               Fibre Channel Reflector
               HIPPI Reflector
               SCSI Reflector
               SSA Reflector

Yes, I know some of you will get 5 copies of this email but the time has
come to plan for the 1996 meeting dates. Carl Zeitler proposed dates at
X3T11 last week, and I agreed to check them out against the overall calendar
for 1996.

Most of the months work well with meeting in the second full week, but there
are some conflicts which need to be considered. In the months which could be
a problem, the preferred week is indicated by 'x' days and the alternative
is noted by 'a' days.

In April, Carl suggested X3T11 meet the week of 4/15 which happens to be tax
time. Although Easter Sunday is not a holiday it is celebrated as a family
event, so that prevents meeting the week of April 8. The week of 4/1 is a
possible alternative, and if X3T10 chose the earlier week in March, there
would be an even spacing between X3T11 and the likely X3T10 calendar.

In July, X3T10 comes immediately after the July 4 weekend, so travel on
Sunday is not the greatest. Slipping it to a week later brings it within 2
weeks of the X3T11 meeting. We try to keep 3 weeks between them for the
benefit of those who attend both. Either X3T10 should not start until
Tuesday so everyone can take Monday flights, or X3T11 should slide a week.

Thanksgiving is the fourth Thursday of November so that puts X3T11 the week
after. Flying on Sunday of Thanksgiving is to be avoided. Holding X3T11 a
week earlier or a week later are not very practical choices. Maybe X3T11
should not start until Tuesday, so everyone can take Monday flights.

If anyone knows of more events in 1996 we should be aware of, or if any of
the holidays shown are incorrect, just let me know. Please send calendar
comments to me at 250-1752 at mcimail.com rather than flooding the reflectors
like I have just done.

Telling me your any preferences for weeks is not much value, as choosing the
dates is a plenary decision. I will accumulate any responses and advise them
to the respective plenaries.

Volunteers to host will be welcomed by the chairs of both X3T10 and X3T11.
The 'best' months disappear fast, Western Digital has volunteered to host in
April 1996 and AMP has volunteered to host in October 1996.

January     *h *h  2  3  4  5  6         New Years
             7  x  x  x  x  x *h  X3T10
            *h *h 16 17 18 19 20         Martin Luther King
            21 22 23 24 25 26 27
February    28 29 30 31  1  2  3
             4  x  x  x  x  9 10  X3T11
            11 12 13 14 15 16 *h
            *h *h 20 21 22 23 24         President's Day
March       25 26 27 28 29  1  2
             3  a  a  a  a  a  9  X3T10a
            10  x  x  x  x  x 16  X3T10
            17 18 19 20 21 22 23
            24 25 26 27 28 29 30
April       31  a  a  a  a  5 ee  X3T11a
            ee  8  9 10 11 12 13         Easter
            14  x  x  x  x  x 20  X3T11
            21 22 23 24 25 26 27
May         28 29 30  1  2  3  4
             5  x  x  x  x  x 11  X3T10
            mm 13 14 15 16 17 18         Mother's Day
            19 20 21 22 23 24 *h
June        *h *h 28 29 30 31  1         Memorial Day
             2  3  4  5  6  7  8
             9  x  x  x  x 14 15  X3T11
            ff 17 18 19 20 21 22         Father's Day
            23 24 25 26 27 28 29
July        30  1  2  3 *h *h *h         July 4
            *h  x  x  x  x  x 13  X3T10
            14  a  a  a  a  a 20  X3T10a
            21 22 23 24 25 26 27
August      28 29 30 31  1  2  3
             4  x  x  x  x  9 10  X3T11
            11  a  a  a  a 16 17  X3T11a
            18 19 20 21 22 23 24
            25 26 27 28 29 30 *h
September   *h *h  3  4  5  6  7         Labor Day
             8  x  x  x  x  x 14  X3T10
            15 16 17 18 19 20 21
            22 23 24 25 26 27 28
October     29 30  1  2  3  4  5
             6  x  x  x  x 11 12  X3T11
            13 14 15 16 17 18 19
            20 21 22 23 24 25 26
November    27 28 29 30 31  1  2
             3  x  x  x  x  x  9  X3T10
            10 11 12 13 14 15 16
            17 18 19 20 21 22 23
             h 25 26 27 *h *h *h         Thanksgiving
December    *h  x  x  x  x  6  7  X3T11
             8  9 10 11 12 13 14
            15 16 17 18 19 20 21
            22 23 24 25 26 27 28         Christmas