TB, DTE and PER bit interaction

Gerry Houlder Gerry_Houlder at notes.seagate.com
Tue Aug 23 09:26:09 PDT 1994

This is part of Jim's message:

> In the case of DTE being set to 1, we have to stop transferring data on a
>recovered error (table 169).  But I can find no guidance on what point does
>the transfer stop - especially if the block with the recovered data is
>transferred or not, and if transferred if it is the last block transferred.

I can't point to wording on this either, but SCSI has always taken the view
that recovered data is always transferred - that is why the TB bit has wording
to limit its effect to unrecoverable errors only. If DTE says to terminate a
transfer due to a recoverable error, it should terminate after the recovered
block is transferred.
Gerry Houlder -- Gerry_Houlder at notes.seagate.com
Seagate Technology   -   920 Disc Drive   -   Scotts Valley, CA 95066 USA
Main Phone 408-438-6550   -   Email Problems postmaster at notes.seagate.com
Technical Support: BBS 408-438-8771  Fax 408-438-8137  Voice 408-438-8222

### OGATE Version 8 message trace and attachment information:
### MsgFileName: m:\mgate\outbound\86.MSG
### Org Date:    08-23-94 08:53:26 AM
### From:        Gerry Houlder at SEAGATE
### To:          scsi @ WichitaKS.NCR.COM @ internet
### Subject:     Re: TB, DTE and PER bit interaction