QErr bit and Multi-Initi

Jim McGrath jmcgrath at qntm.com
Tue Aug 16 13:24:59 PDT 1994

        Reply to:   RE>QErr bit and Multi-Initiator

    What I don't understand is what prevents two initiators from continuously

    aborting each other's I/Os?  Consider the following:

What prevents this is quality devices.  CHECK CONDITIONS are not usual
occurances.
At least with disk drives, you are very unlikely to ever see the situationn
of
CHECK CONDITIONS all the time screwing up two devices.  If you see that,
then there is something fundamentally wrong at the target side (e.g. the
device is NOT READY), and nothing you do at the SCSI interface will help
one way or the other.

Jim