94-106r1 -- Reserve & Release in SCSI-3 Primary Commands

Gene Milligan Gene_Milligan at notes.seagate.com
Thu Aug 11 09:07:21 PDT 1994

Thank you for the summary. I have commented in another message regarding
"should".

Regarding : " With the working group decision that
....  every command definition clause contain a definition of that command's
....  response to reservations, I believe that the whole list will disappear."

 This decision bother me. It makes the Reserved definition at risk until the
last command document is published. I don't see the value of the decision and
do see it as a red flag indicating the committee is inviting further confusion
by having an endless series of exceptions to the Reserve command.

Gene Milligan
Gene Milligan -- Gene_Milligan at notes.seagate.com
Seagate Technology   -   920 Disc Drive   -   Scotts Valley, CA 95066 USA
Main Phone 408-438-6550   -   Email Problems postmaster at notes.seagate.com
Technical Support: BBS 408-438-8771  Fax 408-438-8137  Voice 408-438-8222

### OGATE Version 8 message trace and attachment information:
### MsgFileName: m:\mgate\outbound\465.MSG
### Org Date:    08-11-94 08:55:20 AM
### From:        Gene Milligan at SEAGATE
### To:          scsi @ wichitaks.ncr.com @ internet
### Subject:     RE: 94-106r1 -- Reserve & Release in SCSI-3 Primary Commands