Accredited Standards Committee*

InterNational Committee for Information Technology Standards (INCITS)

 

 

Doc. No.:

T10/07-115r0

 

 

Date:

March 13, 2007

 

 

Reply to:

John Lohmeyer

 

 

 

 

To:

T10 Membership

 

 

From:

Mark Overby and John Lohmeyer

 

 

Subject:

SAT Working Group Meeting -- March 13, 2007

 

 

Memphis, TN

 

Agenda

1. Opening Remarks

2. Approval of Agenda

3. Attendance and Membership

4. Old Business

4.1 SAT - Device Server Password Security (06-070r0) [Stevens]

4.2 SAT-2: Work Items and Open Issues List (06-497r4) [Overby]

4.3 SAT-2: Application Client Log Page Translation (06-250r1) [Overby]

4.4 SAT2 Translation of SECURITY PROTOCOL IN/OUT (07-074r1) [Hatfield]

5. New Business

5.1 SAT-2: REQUEST SENSE for ATA Devices (07-057r0) [Overby]

6. Review of SAT-2 working draft [Overby]

7. Review of Recommendations

8. Meeting Schedule

9. Adjournment

Results of Meeting

1. Opening Remarks

John Lohmeyer called the meeting to order at 9:00 a.m. Tuesday, March 13, 2007. He thanked Chris Lyon of the SCSI Trade Association for hosting the meeting. As usual, the people present introduced themselves. John noted that SAT should complete INCITS approval in May 2007.

2. Approval of Agenda

The draft agenda was approved with the addition of:

6. Review of SAT-2 working draft [Overby]

No additions and changes were made during the course of the meeting.

3. Attendance and Membership

Attendance at working group meetings does not count toward minimum attendance requirements for T10 membership. Working group meetings are open to any person or organization directly and materially affected by T10's scope of work. The following people attended the meeting:

              Name                   S           Organization
----------------------------------  --  ------------------------------------
Mr. Chris Fore                       P  Adaptec, Inc.                       
Mr. Kevin Marks                      P  Dell, Inc.                          
Mr. William Martin                   P  Emulex                              
Mr. Ralph O. Weber                   P  ENDL Texas                          
Mr. Rob Elliott                      P  Hewlett Packard Co.                 
Mr. Jeff Wolford                     V  Hewlett Packard Co.                 
Mr. Dan Colegrove                    P  Hitachi Global Storage Tech.        
Mr. Robert Sheffield                 P  Intel Corp.                         
Mr. Brad Besmer                      V  LSI Logic Corp.                     
Mr. Steve Johnson                    V  LSI Logic Corp.                     
Mr. John Lohmeyer                    P  LSI Logic Corp.                     
Mr. Mark Overby                      P  Nvidia Corp.                        
Mr. Michael Rogers                   A  Samsung                             
Mr. Jim Hatfield                     V  Seagate Technology                  
Mr. Gerald Houlder                   P  Seagate Technology                  
Mr. Jim Scott                        P  Vitesse Semiconductor               
Mr. Curtis Stevens                   P  Western Digital                     
 
17 People Present
 
Status Key:  P    -  Principal
             A,A# -  Alternate
             AV   -  Advisory Member
             E    -  Emeritus
             L    -  Liaison
             V    -  Visitor

4. Old Business

4.1 SAT - Device Server Password Security (06-070r0) [Stevens]

Curtis Stevens reviewed 06-070r0 and made changes at the request of the group. He agreed to post rev 1 for the CAP working group. Ralph Weber said he was resigned to having this item move into the CAP working group. This item will not be carried forward on the SAT agenda.

4.2 SAT-2: Work Items and Open Issues List (06-497r4) [Overby]

Mark Overby reviewed revision 4 of the work items and open issues list. The group made revisions to the list. Mark agreed to post revision 5 of the issues list.

4.3 SAT-2: Application Client Log Page Translation (06-250r1) [Overby]

Mark Overby reviewed a draft of 06-250r1, SAT-2: Application Client Log Page Translation. Mark Overby moved that 06-250r1 be recommended for incorporation in SAT-2. Jim Hatfield seconded the motion. The motion passed 10:0:1.

4.4 SAT2 Translation of SECURITY PROTOCOL IN/OUT (07-074r1) [Hatfield]

Jim Hatfield reviewed 07-074r1, SAT2 Translation of SECURITY PROTOCOL IN/OUT. It was noted that the proposal needed to be written from the persecutive of SATL actions. Jim agreed to prepare a revision 2 for consideration at the next meeting.

5. New Business

5.1 SAT-2: REQUEST SENSE for ATA Devices (07-057r0) [Overby]

Mark noted that this document is a direct copy of T13/07123. This proposal would give ATA devices the capability of request sense and unit attention. He bought it here for liaison information, but it is not a proposal for SAT-2. There will need to be some coordination with CAP regarding ASC/ASCQ values. Mark asked that this item not be carried forward to the next SAT working group meeting agenda.

6. Review of SAT-2 working draft [Overby]

Mark Overby led a review of SAT-2 revision 0. He noted the changes made since the last revision of SAT.

7. Review of Recommendations

The following document was recommended for inclusion into SAT-2:

06-250r1 (SAT-2: Application Client Log Page Translation) [Overby]

8. Meeting Schedule

SAT Working Group meetings are scheduled for:

Tuesday, May 8, 2007 commencing at 9:00 a.m. in Bellevue, WA at the Hyatt Regency Hotel (1-425-462-1234) hosted by Microsoft Corp.

Teleconference calls will be announced on the T10 reflector as needed.

9. Adjournment

The meeting was adjourned at 11:11 a.m. on Tuesday March 13, 2007.

 


*Operating under the procedures of The American National Standards Institute. INCITS Secretariat, Information Technology Industry Council (ITI) 1250 Eye Street NW, Suite 200, Washington, DC 20005-3922 Email: incits@itic.org Telephone: 202-737-8888 FAX: 202-638-4922