Accredited Standards Committee*
InterNational Committee for Information Technology Standards (INCITS)

                                                   Doc. No.: T10/06-039r0
                                                       Date: January 10, 2006
                                                   Reply to: John Lohmeyer
To:      T10 Membership
From:    John Lohmeyer and Ralph Weber
Subject: SAT Working Group Meeting -- January 10, 2006
         Phoenix, AZ

1.     Opening Remarks
2.     Approval of Agenda
3.     Attendance and Membership
4.     Old Business
4.1      SAT Work Items List (06-004r0) [Sheffield]
4.2      SAT - SEND DIAGNOSTIC Command and Self Test Results (05-245r4)
5.     New Business
5.1      SAT: I_T Nexus Loss (06-001r1) [Sheffield]
5.2      SAT - Make ATA Status Return Descriptor optional (06-005r0) [Sheffield]
5.3      SAT: TEST UNIT READY Translation (06-008r0) [Overby]
5.4      SAT Clarify error handling for PIO data-in commands (06-020r1)
6.     Review of (SAT) Working Draft
7.     Review of Recommendations
8.     Meeting Schedule
9.     Adjournment

Results of Meeting

1.     Opening Remarks

John Lohmeyer called the meeting to order at 0900 January 10, 2006. John
thanked Bob Sheffield of Intel for hosting the meeting. As is customary, the
people attending introduced themselves.

2.     Approval of Agenda

The draft agenda was approved without revision.

3.     Attendance and Membership

Attendance at working group meetings does not count toward minimum attendance
requirements for T10 membership.  Working group meetings are open to any
person or organization directly and materially affected by T10's scope of
work.  The following people attended the meeting:

              Name                   S           Organization
------------------------------------ -- ------------------------------------
Mr. Ron Roberts                      A  Broadcom Corp.
Mr. Kevin Marks                      P  Dell, Inc.
Mr. Kenneth Hirata                   A  Emulex
Mr. Ralph O. Weber                   P  ENDL Texas
Mr. Walt Hubis                       V  Engenio Information Tech.
Mr. Wayne Bellamy                    V  Hewlett Packard Co.
Mr. Dan Colegrove                    P  Hitachi Global Storage Tech.
Mr. Pak Seto                         V  Intel Corp.
Mr. Robert Sheffield                 P  Intel Corp.
Mr. John Geldman                     P  Lexar Media, Inc.
Mr. Steve Johnson                    V  LSI Logic Corp.
Mr. John Lohmeyer                    P  LSI Logic Corp.
Mr. Mark Evans                       P  Maxtor Corp.
Mr. William Martin                   P  Sierra Logic, Inc.
Mr. Ron Mathews                      AV UNISYS Corporation
Mr. Curtis Stevens                   P  Western Digital
Mr. Rich Ramos                       P  Xyratex

17 People Present

Status Key:  P    -  Principal
             A,A# -  Alternate
             AV   -  Advisory Member
             L    -  Liaison
             V    -  Visitor

4.     Old Business

4.1    SAT Work Items List (06-004r0) [Sheffield]

Bob Sheffield reviewed the current work items list (06-004r0). All the work
items for SAT were marked done.

The list of work items carried over to SAT-2 was reviewed. Wayne Bellamy
raised concerns about how much information should be provided regarding what
actions SATLs need to take when reporting errors that occur during NCQ

Bob agreed to prepare an SAT-2 work items list under a different document

5.     New Business

5.1    Project proposal for SCSI / ATA Translation - 2 (SAT-2) (05-444r0)

In the absence of Mark Overby, the group reviewed 05-444r0 and created several
minor changes. John Lohmeyer agreed to post 05-444r1. Bill Martin moved and
Ralph Weber seconded that 05-444r0 as revised) be recommended to T10
for forwarding to INCITS as a new T10 project. The motion passed unanimously.

5.2    SAT Letter Ballot [Sheffield]

Bob Sheffield moved that SAT revision 8 be recommended for a T10 Letter
Ballot. Ralph Weber seconded the motion. The motion passed unanimously.

6.     Review of (SAT) Working Draft

Bob Sheffield led a review of revision 7a of the working draft. The absence of
a normative reference to SAS-2 was noted. Minor issues were noted in the Send
Diagnostic command translation.  Bob agreed to prepare a new revision.

7.     Review of Recommendations

The following items were recommended to the plenary for inclusion into SAT at
the December 12th meeting:

05-245r4 (SEND DIAGNOSTIC Command and Self Test Results) [Bellamy]
06-001r1 (I_T Nexus Loss) [Sheffield]
06-022r0 (Rewrite TEST UNIT READY) [Sheffield]
06-020r1 (Clarify error handling for PIO data-in commands) [Elliott/Weber]

8.     Meeting Schedule

A SAT Working Group meetings are scheduled as follows:

Tentatively, Tuesday February 28, 2006 in Denver's DIA airport hosted by Mark
Overby of Nvidia Corp.

Tuesday March 7, 2006 commencing at 9:00 a.m. in Hilton Head, SC at the Hilton
Ocean Front Resort (843-341-8013) hosted by the SCSI Trade Association.

9.     Adjournment

The meeting was adjourned at 11:55 a.m. January 10, 2006.